Long gone are the days of chocolates and roses! These days couples are thinking out of the box and getting active in their romantic Valentines Day festivities. Don't get me wrong, I love a nice dinner out, but reservations are going to be hard to come by at your favorite spot..so get creative, do something healthy to celebrate your love this year Here are some ideas to get you moving together...
1. Yoga & Wine Tasting: I randomly get emails from REI and so I have them to thank for this idea...So of course you could set up your own yoga and wine tasting by going to class together then heading to happy hour. However, there are some wineries that have the whole set up in one spot! Check out your local winery or REI events and check out who doing some sipping after savasana. Sang these cute mats in great colors here
2. Hike to a Picnic Spot: Pack a few sandwiches, some veggies and hummus and some sparkling water...or maybe some sparkling wine and get your hiking shoes on! Find a great spot to enjoy the scenery and get your heart rate up a bit. Throw out your blanket and cheers to a great view and a great day! We have this cheese set and wine glasses that is perfect to pack and how cute are these blankets?
3. Gym & Fro-Yo: If you feel the strong draw to go to the gym on this night you are probably not alone. So after your done taking your favorite class or pumped some iron (do they even say that anymore?) give yourself a little treat and head to your fave sweet spot for a tasty dessert! You deserve it! Here are some cute new kicks I have been eyeing myself.
4. Couples Massage: I realize this is not the MOST active idea, but mental health is important too. What a better way to relax and enjoy your time with your significant other than to have an amazing Swedish or Deep Tissue? Check out deals in your area at local spas and on Living Social and Groupon...there is bound to be some great savings around this time too! Gift Idea...wrap up these adorable his and her robes to let them know where you are going.
5. Do A Fun Run Together: I love when I see couples posing after a half marathon or one of those crazy "dye" runs! Select cities are hosting a "Cupid's Undie Run." Check out what runs are happening in your area and get your runnin' shoes on!
6. Go Ice Skating, Skiing or Snowboarding: What do you like to do best together? Don't know how to ski or snowboard? Put on your longjohns and sign up for lessons together! Maybe the ice rink is still up in your town--take a little cruise down the ice together watch out for the "Toe Pick" (sorry bad movie line...anyone get it?) Either way you will need a cute beanie of course...try this one here it's on sale!
7. Make Your Own Sushi: Guys this is super fun and so much more affordable than going out for sushi. Make sure to buy "sushi grade" fish from your local seafood counter and get some seaweed wraps, avocado, carrots, cucumbers, soy sauce and wasabi. You may need this handy sushi book and this cute sushi plate set and wrap your little hearts out!!
8. Pick Out Recipes from Cookbook & Make at Home: My husband and I are cooking show junkies and we used to do this all the time! It's such a great reward to create something together and even if it turns out horribly, you will have some good laughs along the way...then you can have pizza delivered. Here are some of my fave cookbooks here, here and here.
9. Painting or Cooking Class: Test your artistic flare on a canvas or in the kitchen together. The end result is a fun time, drinking a bit of wine possibly and having a little healthy competition between the two of you. Check out Groupon or Living Social for the best deals in your town!
10. Take a Ballroom Class: Ladies put on your heels and head to the nearest ballroom dance studio...how romantic to get dressed up and learn how to tango with your sexy partner! Check out these shoes under $20!
Hope this help to make this year's Valentines Day a bit more creative and active! What ever you do, bottom line is just enjoy eachother and take the time to tell your family and friends you love them. Happy Valentines Day!! xo